Thursday 21 March 2013

Kendrick Lamar Took An Entire Day To Write Verse For Jay-Z Assisted ‘Bitch Don’t Kill My Vibe’ .Remix


When Kendrick Lamar announced that he would be teaming up with Jay-Z for the official remix to ‘Bitch Don’t Kill My Vibe,’ you should know it would be the most talked about song on the music scene for quite some time. That’s definitely been the case, and now Kendrick takes some time to discuss how it all came together.

K Dot and Jay-Z debuted their ‘Bitch Don’t Kill My Vibe’ single earlier this week, and the buzz is still coming on strong. Kendrick revealed to Funkmaster Flex that all of the time and effort put into the music, the studio time, all of it “didn’t mean shit” if he couldn’t “live up to this track.”

When I heard that thing he sent back I said to myself, ‘I can’t be no floozy on this motherfucker for sure’,” Kendrick explained “All them years of being in the studio, all them years of writing, all them years of freestyling and just being a student of the game don’t mean shit if I can’t live up to this track, at least by a little bit being beside a legend in it.”

Obviously when you’re putting out your best work, it can take a bit of time. K Dot reveals that he went to work on his verse for a day straight because he was so excited to be working with Hov.

“You really can’t prepare. Jay-Z came and just humbled the whole record, so you just gotta go for what you know…I was so excited it took me a day.”

It definitely would have been nice to see what Kendrick Lamar and Jay-Z would have put out had they actually worked on the project together in the studio.....

No comments:

Post a Comment