Thursday 3 January 2013

Baby Naveah Grabs Doctor's Finger During Birth.


A photograph of a newly-born baby grabbing hold of a doctor’s finger has become a viral hit, after parents Alicia and Randy Atkins posted it on Facebook.

Alicia gave birth to Nevaeh (Heaven spelled backwards) via Caesarean section on October 9, in Glendale, Arizona. Her husband Randy took this picture of their baby entering the world (video below).

Randy told 3TV News: "The doctor called me over and said, 'Hey, she's grabbing my finger. So I ran over there and just grabbed the shot and I was just in awe looking at it. It was such an amazing picture."

Alicia, a professional photographer, posted the photo on her company Facebook page on December 26..

Alicia wrote: "This was 10 weeks ago when I was having my c-section and Dr. Sawyer broke my water and my daughter reached up out of my stomach and grabbed the Dr.'s finger and my hubby caught this special moment."

The photo has received over 1,800 likes, more than 500 shares and 260 comments.

Alicia told said : "We didn't think we were going to get such positive feedback. We thought we would get more negative 'that's disgusting.' [Instead] everybody just thought it was the best thing in the world."




No comments:

Post a Comment